ATTENTION! It’s time to bring out the tie dye, only this time on your nails! The 90s are making a comeback, so break out a little nail polish, channel your days at arts and crafts camp, and werk one of the hottest trends on the streets of NY. (Sidenote: Tie dye nails can get a little messy, so be sure to have cotton swabs handy!)
- A Glass Cup (think the size of a Solo drinking cup)
– Room temperature water
– OPI nail polish
– Nail polish remover
1. Paint your nails with OPI’s Alpine Snow base. Then tape around your nails beds to protect your fingers from the dye.
2. Quickly fill up your glass cup three-quarters of the way up with water. Then use a nail brush to drop polish into the bowl, it’ll float into a Bulls Eye shape as you add more colors. But be sure to do this quickly so that the polish doesn’t dry! You can use as many colors as you want until you have 6-12 circles in the cup.
3. Using a toothpick, swirl the polish around in the cup into a desired pattern for your nails. Then quickly (before it dries!) place your fingers into the cup, in the center of the bull’s eye.
4. Repeat the above steps for each nail. It can get a little tedious but it’s totally worth it to achieve the look! Be sure to move quickly or polish will dry and not stick to your nails!
5. Clean up around your nails using nail polish remover! When the polish dries, add OPI’s clear top coat.
And there you have it, tie dye nails! There are plenty of YouTube tutorials on this trend if you need to see a visual or want to use different materials. Happy dyeing!