(Photo Via Getty)
French manicures are cute and simple, but spring’s calling for a new nail look! The reverse French nail trend is fast becoming the hottest new fingercandy for spring, and we’ve got what you need to snatch the look! It was created by NARS artist Kim D’Amato, and made its runway debut at the Thakoon show this Fashion Week. Here are the quick and easy steps to werking the look at home!
- Bright beautiful nail polish colors for your base and design
- Make sure you start off with clean, dry nails!
- Begin with a base coat! This will make your polish stay on longer and prevent it from staining. Let dry.
- Paint nail with your featured color. It may be best to put the lightest color here and save the darker color for the top! Let dry.
- Pick up your second color! Paint this over entire nail but make sure there is a gap by the cuticle, to reveal the color below. Make sure it follows the shape of your cuticle (be precise!), because each nail is different.
- Let all of this dry, and apply a top base coat to keep your nails bright and last longing.
Voila, Reverse French Manicure!
- OPTIONAL: If you want to add a little bit more pizzazz to your look, add a decal or sticker once it all dries! These can be brought from Walgreens, CVS, Duane Reade and more!